Sunday, January 20, 2008

Social Networking...facing it

Joined Facebook recently, as invited by a friend. Wikipedia definition
Not sure how useful this will be as I am not one to spend hours updating, contacting etc. I have watched others keep it open on the desktop and update continually. However, it is keeping me in contact with a friend that has moved overseas, and if only for that, I am finding it useful.
The present giving, joining different sections (vamps etc.) I look at as a pleasant distraction, but not very useful. I like writing on my friends wall as it is a way to get a non private or not very urgent message to her of a social nature.
Facebook may prove to be a good tool in the future, as a way of finding and contacting lost friends etc. I reserve my judgement on just how useful it will be to me.
FeralTB-)

No comments: