Saturday, June 27, 2009

Books you remember...15 of them...

Via Ruminations

"Fifteen in Fifteen minutes"

the fifteen that I remember with ease seem to fall into two basic categories,
SciFi and historical.. I was a voracious reader and my neighbour 4 years older than me had an interesting bookcase, as did my Grandfather and my Mother.

A Traveller in Time - Alison Uttley (Mary Queen of Scots/war time Britian)
Dune - Frank Herbert (Control, complete control of yourself..)
Dragonflight - Anne McCaffery (Dragons and SciFi mixed)
Flowers for Algernon - Daniel Keyes (So tragically sad and well written)
I Robot - Issac Asimov (the robotic laws etc.)
Time enough for love - Robert Heinlein (longevity to the max)
Consider Phlebas - Iain M. banks (my introduction to his work)

These old Shades - Geogette Heyer (Historical novel with witty hero)
A tale of two cities - Charles Dickens (Historical novel with noble tragic hero)
Forever to Remain - E.V. Timms (Historical Novel...family saga exodus to W.A.)
Les Miserables - Victor Hugo (Huge 'soap opera' in with 2 or more noble heroes)
Katherine - Anya Seton (Historical novel about the mistress of the Duke of Lancaster/ black death, Chaucer etc...its all in it)

To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Wild Swans - Jung Chang
The Riders - Tim Winton

Most of them are not classic literature and I am not aiming as Flexnib says at a "Highbrow list" just memorable - for me, reads.
Cheers
@kalgrl

No comments: