Saturday, April 26, 2008

Conversations with my daughter...or


All that I know of life I learnt from 'The Simpsons'.

My daughter has a new friend, and her new friends little sister is named Stella.
I can't resist when I am mentioning her saying "Stelllllaaaa" like in the play by Tennessee Williams.

I was curious why my Daughter never asked me why I do this, so I asked her.
Her answer....
"Oh, I know, its from a play, Marge was in it, she was Stella's sister".

So it seems 'The Simpsons' are teaching my daughter something after all, and I thought the show had no redeeming social value. lol. Shows what I know...:-)

I went questing on google and here are some Memorable quotes from
"A Streetcar Named Marge"
Written by Jeff Martin
Directed by Rich Moore
Season 4, Episode 2

from
"The 20 Most Cromulent Simpsons Episodes of All-Time: #4"
from a blog called
Dead On

"Marge: I haven’t been in a play since high school, and I thought it would be a good chance to meet some other adults.
Homer: Sounds interesting.
Marge: You know, I spend all day alone with Maggie. Sometimes it’s like I don’t even exist.
Homer: Sounds interesting."


"Marge: I just don’t see why Blanche should shove a broken bottle in Stanley’s face. Couldn’t she just take his abuse with gentle good humor?"

"Homer: But Marge, what about dessert?
Marge: For God’s sakes, you can pull the lid off your own can of pudding!
Homer: Fine! I will!…Oh no, my pudding is trapped forever. So I can open my own can of pudding, can I? Shows what you know, Marge. Mmmaaaaarge!!!!!"


mmmm, maybe I should watch it with her. FeralTB-)

The image is from: www.simpsonsmpg.net/images/s04e02.jpg

No comments: