10 professional things learnt this past year,
(2nd year of professional appointment)
1. Try to be evenhanded in all your dealings,
things often turn out different to expectations.
2. Chair for selection Panel for new staff.
(good for CV. Time wise - nightmare to organise.)
3. The need to develop a thicker skin.
Remain compassionate, and still make decisions. (the buck stops here..)
4. Things don't remain the same, just wait - change will come.
(you won't necessarily like it.)
5. Professional staff don't necessarily want to share.
6. Acronyms (unexplained) are the 'bane' of online learners
google does help if you have a vague idea what you are looking for.
8. Professional development is still work, and you need to 'work' at it.
9. Patience is hard to develop (esp. with builders and HR)
10. Statistics are important.
1.Let family things happen, don't stress.
They will still happen and you will be too stressed to deal.